Bryan has over 30 years of complex civil litigation experience, including serving as lead trial counsel in multiple jury and bench trials in Federal and State court. Bryan represents and advises employers, insurers, corporations, welfare plans, retirement plans, broker-dealers, financial professionals, and individuals. He provides counsel in a wide array of matters, including ERISA actions, fiduciary advice, plan design, contract disputes, employment disputes, intellectual property, regulatory proceedings, arbitration, and other complex litigation.
Among his broad experience as a litigator, Bryan has represented:
- A large property and casualty insurer in regulatory proceedings related to the insurance impact of climate change;
- Health plans and insurers in ACA and ERISA related matters, including a surgery center, mental health, and managed care claims;
- Disability insurers in state and federal court in connection with a wide variety of disability claims;
- Life insurers in connection with millions of dollars of overseas death claims;
- An employer in discharging employees starting a competing business with company documents and information;
- A life insurer against claims by a national bank arising from lapse of life insurance coverage;
- One of the largest intellectual property companies in the world in defending against claims by a national bank;
- A local bank in connection with a wide-scale credit card fraud scheme involving millions of dollars;
- Multiple parties in connection to interference with contracts and business relationships claims;
- Multiple parties on contract related issues, including mediation and arbitration of contract matters; and
- A wide array of parties in appellate proceedings, including appeals to the Court of Appeals of Maryland; appeals to the Second, Third, and Fourth Circuit Courts of Appeal; and amicus counsel in the Supreme Court of the United States.
Bryan has conducted jury trials in the United States District Courts for the Districts of Maryland, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the District of Columbia, and the Circuit Courts for Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Cecil County, and Howard County, Maryland.